Saturday, May 03, 2008

This and That

Hi all,

Hope you all are doing well. T's been having fun today whipping up some banana creme pie with Aunt Dot. She got to stir the pudding and put the banana's in the ready-made pie crust. She'll also get to squirt the whip creme on. Its amazing how accomplished out girls are getting. Which brings me to the real purpose of my post.

See picture #2. I wanted to share a site with everyone, that I discovered on another adoptive mom's site, who happens to be a school teacher. The site is www.starfall.com . I highly recommend it. T's been playing it for a while now, and sometimes stays on it for an hour or so, which allows me to get some stuff done. She can now click and drag with the best of them. I like it b/c its focus is teaching letters and reading. I never would have believed that a child so young could do that...especially since it took me so long to learn ;) If anyone has a recommendation for another site, I'd love to hear about it.

Meanwhile, we're very excited to be meeting the Manvilles in Disney over mother's day weekend. I'm going despite the fact that I fell and sprained my ankle and bruised my bones. I'm non-weight-bearing and getting around with a walker and a wheelchair. Even if they park me on Main Street to people watch while they enjoy the park, I'm going. Laura and I have big plans to sit around the pool with burgers and margaritas, while the kids play in the pool or in the tot lot.

Lastly, T has recently started rebeling against my taking photos, by making silly faces. You can see her mischief in the last photo. I believe that the terrible 3's have officially struck!

Hope you all are doing well and have a very happy summer.

Love from Miami,

Carol and Taylor



Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home