Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ralph made me cry

Hi Everybody...

Taylor's Baptism was very special and lots of fun. It was a normal Catholic mass/baptism. What made is to special, though, was that at the end of the service, my friend Ralph (the priest) made the parents (it was a double bap) come up for a blessing. After blessing us, I figured he was done. Nope, he had a surprise blessing up his robe.

Fr. Ralph proceeded to ask God to bless Taylor's birthmother, for making such a hard and difficult decision and making sure Taylor was left to be found. He asked to bless all mothers in China in similar circumstances, that they may find peace with their decision, and to bless all the other waiting children in China, that they may find their families quickly.

That did it, game over. Me and most of the church started bawling...and we hadn't even touched the punch yet!!

Meanwhile, Taylor is sick with an ear infection in both ears and a virus in her throat. I'm sick with Pink Eye. My first, and hopefully last experience with pink eye. How I got it and not Taylor is a mystery. Perhaps her old SWI industrial-strength anitbodies at work. Needless to say, we're home this week.

I think everybody needs to post some updated pix, so we can oooh and aaaah over how cute and grown up everybody is getting.

Kind regards,

Carol and Taylor

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Max&Kathy said...

What a great story! I cried too!
Kathy

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Aaaargh, Carol.....not while I'm PMSing!! *sniff* sob* Love the story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home